Our partnership with Eggspress allows you to buy fresh eggs from our Eggspress vending machines in two locations in Carrick-on-Shannon.
How does the Eggspress Machine Work?
The unit holds 28 trays in individual drawers. The customer places their money in the slot, one of the drawers opens and the tray can then be retrieved.
Our Eggspress machines are located at our stores on the Croghan Rd and at the Northwest Buisness Park, Carrick on Shannon there are the only two of a kind west of the Shannon. The machines are open from 8 till late ensuring our customers are never disappointed.
The Eggspress machine on the Croghan Rd sells 30 large Eggs for €5 and the one in the Northwest Buisness Park sells 30 medium Eggs for €4.
When the stock levels drop to a certain point, it will send a text message to our mobile phone. This allows us to keep the Eggspress constantly stocked. Visit www.eggspress.ie to see full video.
Our Farmers Market Shop trades at market fairs between 9.30am and 5.30pm on the following days:
- The Square in Ballymote every Thursday.
- Market yard, Sligo every Friday.
- The Square, Roscommon every Saturday.
We sell a full range of organic, barn and freerange products including duck and hen eggs, poultry in a wide array of products, potatoes and vegetables. All our products are Irish, have full traceability and are sold at keen, competitive prices.
Farm Shop Roscommon
- In addition to our premise in Carrick-on-Shannon we also operate our Farm Shop based in the Square, Roscommon town.
- Open Thursday – Sunday, 9am-5pm we offer a wide range of fresh and frozen products, including our own freerange eggs, chicken products and locally sourced fruit and vegetables.
- We are also a stocklist of Rosie & Jim chicken products, including chicken goujons, chicken Maryland, Kiev and tortilla wraps (Mexican and Tikka flavour)
- Gannon’s Eggs are proud to be a member of the Bord Bia SEAS (Sustainable Egg Assurance Scheme).
- The Scheme ensures that all eggs are produced and packaged to the highest standards before reaching our end customers, assuring the highest quality standards are maintained across our entire production process.
Key areas of the scheme include:
- Hen flock sourcing
- Disease control
- Flock welfare
- Environmental protection
For further information on the SEAS Scheme please visit the Bord Bia website: https://www.bordbia.ie/farmers-growers/get-involved/become-quality-assured/sustainable-egg-assurance-scheme-seas/